Comparing NEXT 3000 With Similar Chemical Solvents
Few things are more important to safeguard than human health, and the health of our environment. With each new generation of chemical solvent we develop, we are creating safer alternatives without sacrificing performance and effectiveness.
For example, we developed EnSolv, a stabilized n-propyl bromide solvent, to be a direct drop-in replacement for chlorinated hydrocarbons such as Trichloroethylene (TCE) and perchloroethylene (PERC) in vapor-degreasing facilities. At the time of its introduction, EnSolv was a revolutionary product that greatly reduced the risk to worker and environmental health without requiring major changes or adjustments in vapor-degreasing equipment or procedures.
While n-propyl bromide is still widely regarded for its relative safety and effectiveness, many of our customers have expressed the desire for an even more environmentally benign solvent. We developed NEXT 3000 to be the next generation of industrial cleaning solvent in response to this demand.
Continuing to meet and exceed expectations set by its predecessor EnSolv, NEXT 3000 is an excellent alternative to many well-known industrial solvents, including:
- HCFC-225 (AK-225) — This and other hydrofluorocarbons were introduced to the marketplace in the early 1990s as replacements for Freon and other ozone-depleting CFCs. However, their high global warming potential (GWP), in addition to their small but present ozone depleting potential, have led to a phase-out of this class of chemical as well. AK-225 has been banned for use in the U.S. since January 1, 2015.
- Trichloroethylene (TCE) and perchloroethylene (PERC) — These halocarbons are known human carcinogens and nervous system disruptors. They have also been implicated in reproductive system dysfunction, and may be harmful to unborn children. They are common contaminants of soil and groundwater.
- Methylene chloride — Considered by OSHA to be a potential human carcinogen, short-term exposure to this chemical can cause acute nervous system and respiratory distress.
- N-propyl bromide (nPB) — While demonstrably safer than the chemicals it was developed to replace, concerns about potential health implications of n-propyl bromide have prompted some companies to seek effective alternatives suitable for use in vapor-degreasing operations.
NEXT 3000: A Superior Alternative for Vapor Degreasing and Other Industrial Cleaning Applications
While proper safety precautions should always be followed when using any vapor-degreasing chemical, NEXT 3000 offers the highest degree of employee and environmental safety of any vapor-degreasing agent available in today’s market. This exceptionally stable, high-trans fluorinated blend can help your company:
- Meet Sustainability Goals and Regulations — NEXT 3000 has zero ozone-depleting potential and very low global warming potential. It is also free of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs). NEXT 3000 is very stable, and is an excellent candidate for solvent recycling and recovery programs.
- Create a Safer and Healthier Workplace — Peer-reviewed research has shown that NEXT 3000 has exceptionally low toxicity for an industrial solvent. It is highly stable, non-flammable, non-explosive, has very little odor, and evaporates quickly after cleaning or degreasing.
- Achieve Consistent Precision Cleaning Results — Its high solvency strength, low surface tension, and zero non-volatile residue provide exceptional cleaning results for precision parts. NEXT 3000 is suitable for a wide variety of applications, and can remove most organic contamination.
- Avoid Costly Equipment Replacement and Retraining — Because NEXT 3000 is a drop-in replacement for many common degreasing solvents, you can use it in your existing equipment without having to make major adjustments in temperature or procedure.
To learn more about how NEXT 3000 can benefit your company, or for a free sample, contact us here — or call us at 708-343-6641.