Krytox™ lubricants are well known for their exceptional performance under a wide range of challenging conditions. They are nonflammable, able to withstand temperatures from -60 to 750˚ F, have an extremely long working life span, and remain chemically inert under the most demanding conditions.
These qualities have made Krytox™ products the lubricant of choice for many applications in aerospace, automotive, electronics and other industries. However, the very features that make Krytox™ so useful also make these lubricants notoriously difficult to remove.
Krytox™ oils and greases are, by design, highly resistant to most commonly used organic solvents. Proper removal requires the use of a specialty lubricant remover. While Krytox™ grease removers are available on the market, they are typically costly and may be difficult to find. Fortunately, Enviro Tech has the solution.
NEXT 3000: The Convenient Krytox™ Lubricant Remover
Enviro Tech’s NEXT 3000 solvent is an EPA-approved high-trans fluorinated solvent that works exceptionally well as a Krytox™ grease remover. Because Krytox™ lubricants are fluorocarbon ether polymers, they react readily with NEXT 3000, facilitating quick, easy removal from precision parts.
In addition, NEXT 3000 is nonflammable, extremely stable, compatible with a wide range of materials, and evaporates quickly — leaving minimal non-volatile residue. That means you can use it freely as a Krytox™ lubricant remover without worry that solvent residue will interfere with component or product performance.
2 Ways to Remove Krytox™ Greases and Oils With NEXT 3000
Our demo tests reveal that NEXT 3000 can effectively remove Krytox™ greases and oils in two ways:
- Direct application. NEXT 3000 can be directly applied with a rag or brush to remove Krytox™ lubricants from surfaces or parts. When removing Krytox™ in this way, it is important to note that these greases and oils will not dissolve and wipe away in the same manner as most other lubricants. Instead, NEXT 3000 works on Krytox™ lubricants in a similar way as paint strippers on dried paint. Upon contact with NEXT 3000, the Krytox™ will “swell” on the surface of the panel or part. Once this swelling action has taken place, the lubricant can be peeled or rinsed off the part, at which point it can be easily wiped clean.
- Boiling. An equally effective process is to simply leave Krytox™-covered parts in the boil sump with boiling NEXT 3000. In this environment, the Krytox™ lubricant will eventually dissolve completely. While this process may take longer, it may also be an easier solution for cleaning intricate parts.
Effective Krytox™ Lubricant Removal for Aerospace and Many Other Industries
NEXT 3000 is a staple for aerospace applications due to the common use of Krytox™ in the aerospace industry. However, there are many other industries that could benefit from using NEXT 3000 for their Krytox™ removal needs. Some of them include:
- Automotive — NEXT 3000 is widely used for cleaning precision vehicle parts.
- Manufacturing and Chemical Processing — Use NEXT 3000 to safely remove Krytox™ greases and oils from manufacturing and processing equipment.
- Energy and Power Generation — NEXT 3000 is an exceptional choice for cleaning valves, pumps, motors and other components.
- Electronics — NEXT 3000 Krytox™ lubricant remover is ideal for delicate electronic parts.
- Food Processing — Krytox™ lubricants are often used on food processing equipment because of their odorless, tasteless and food-safe qualities. NEXT 3000 has very little odor and leaves minimal residue, for safe use on this equipment.
- Paper and Textile Industries — NEXT 3000 is also highly suitable as a Krytox™ grease remover for precision equipment operating under the extreme conditions to which these industries subject it.
Looking for an Effective Krytox™ Grease Remover That Is Cost-Effective?
One more advantage of NEXT 3000 worth mentioning: It is economical compared to many of the solvents sold as Krytox™ lubricant removers. And, it’s not just effective on Krytox™. NEXT 3000 is an excellent general-purpose solvent for a wide range of degreasing and precision cleaning needs.To learn more about the benefits of using NEXT 3000 for your specific applications, or to request a sample, call us directly at 708-343-6641 — or contact us here.