Enviro Tech manufactures EnSolv®-Ionic, the leading nPB electronic cleaning solution. We’ve been perfecting this highly effective, patented formula since 1994, when Enviro Tech first opened its doors. Companies around the globe use and trust this stabilized n-Propyl Bromide (nPB) solvent as a cleaning solution for electronics.
Applications for nPB Electronic Cleaning Solutions
EnSolv®-Ionic was developed to not only remove rosin flux, no-clean flux, oil, grease and wax contaminants, but also to remove residual halide salts, ions and other polar contaminants that often result in component failures.
Typical electronic cleaning applications for nPB solvents such as EnSolv®-Ionic include:
- Cleaning delicate components: EnSolv®-Ionic effectively removes oil, dirt, carbon and other contaminants from electrical contacts, relays and other components to ensure proper functioning of the finished product and improve quality control.
- Vapor degreasing: EnSolv®-Ionic is a drop-in replacement for TCE, PERC and similar electronic cleaning solutions. Thus, avoiding the need to alter or replace equipment.
- Ultrasonic electronics cleaning: EnSolv®-Ionic enhances the efficacy of ultrasonic cleaning processes.
Benefits of EnSolv®-Ionic Solvent for Electronics Cleaning
This product is a direct replacement for trichloroethylene (TCE), perchloroethylene (PERC), 1,1,1-trichloroethane, HCFC-141b, Freon, and other hazardous or discontinued vapor degreasing, ultrasonic and manual cleaning solvents.
EnSolv®-Ionic is manufactured using strict quality control procedures to conform to the most exacting electronics cleaning standards. This nPB formulation is ideal for electronics cleaning for the following reasons:
- Clean evaporation: It leaves virtually no residue and can be trusted to remove grease and contaminants from even the most delicate electronic parts.
- Corrosion prevention: EnSolv®-Ionic inhibits corrosion of ferrous and white metal alloys.
- Safe for most plastics: nPB electronic cleaning solvents safely clean most sensitive plastics and rubber.
- Nonflammable: nPB has been used as a flame retardant in some manufactured products and has no flash point.
- Does not deplete the ozone layer: nPB has an atmospheric life span of only 11-19 days. Research indicates that at ground level, it breaks down more ozone than it creates.
- Non-hazardous waste: Reduces compliance, with no DOT regulation for transportation.
- High solvency: nPB has a KB value of 130, making it a superior solvent for applications such as electronics cleaning that demand exceptional cleaning power.
EnSolv®-Ionic also functions well at midtemperature operation for easier handling and reduced energy usage.
EnSolv®-Ionic Solvent Recycling
EnSolv®-Ionic is a patented azeotropic mixture that can be distilled and re-used through numerous cycles before it needs to be replaced. Although Enviro Tech offers stabilizer booster in 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums, the synergistic action of EnSolv®-Ionic’s patented stabilizer package typically precludes the need to ever add stabilizers to maintain the integrity of the solvent through normal use. This helps to reduce solvent costs as well as eliminating the need to store stabilizer chemicals on site.
If you are looking for an economical, U.S. SNAP-approved solution for cleaning electronics, EnSolv®-Ionic may be exactly what you need. For more information, to sample the product, or to discuss Enviro Tech’s nPB alternatives for your company’s electronics cleaning needs, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.