1,2 Trans Dichloroethylene is a next-gen chlorinated solvent that is widely used in precision degreasing applications. When compared with other chlorinated solvents such as Trichloroethylene (TCE) and Perchloroethylene (PERC), 1,2 Trans DCE is shown to have significantly less negative environmental and human health impacts.
Virgin 1,2 Trans Dichloroethylene is flammable with a flash point of 2°C (36°F). However, Enviro Tech's fluorinated solvents manufactured with 1,2 Trans DCE are non-flammable due to the proprietary stabilizer package that keeps the solvent both stable and and recyclable for numerous cleaning cycles.
Virgin 1,2 Trans DCE Solvent Traits:
- EPA , OSHA No Regulation on 1,2 Trans Dichloroethylene
- Liquid at Temperature (boiling point = 48 °C)
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Very Short-Lived Substance (VSLS)
- High Solvency Strength, KB Value > 100
- Fast Evaporation
- High Density > 100
- Good Solubility – Compatible with Petroleum Solvents, Propellants, Alcohols, Ketones, Glycol ethers, Fluorinated Solvents